A beach honeymoon
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge chose the Indian Ocean paradise of the Seychelles as their beach honeymoon destination, maybe you will too?
This location already has a great significance for the couple as it was the setting for their make or break holiday after their temporary split in 2007. It has been suggested that the couple have headed to a different location this time, opting for a private island with only a handful of secluded £4,000 a night honeymoon villas. These hand crafted wooden villas have their own personal chef and butler on hand to serve local delicacies.
It’s no wonder the Seychelles makes for a fantastic honeymoon destination with its secluded white beaches perfect for snorkelling and conservation as a haven for rare sea turtles.
With 115 islands, the Seychelles was once suggested as being one of the most sough-after honeymoon destinations in the world, could it be making a comeback after a visit from the future King and Queen?
Why choose the Seychelles?
- Opportunity to island hop
- Exceptional ecotourism with opportunities to see exotic plant and animal life up close
- Luxurious resorts including a number of exclusive private islands
- Nicknamed the ‘islands of love’
- Climate consistently warm without extremes, the temperature rarely drops below 24°C or rises above 32°C
- With the exception of the most remote southern islands, the Seychelles lies safely outside the cyclone belt making it the perfect year round destination for sunshine seekers
- The rainy season is between January and February
- From May to September you can expect drier, cooler weather and livelier seas
Visit the Travellers Club guide to beach holidays for more information.
A safari honeymoon
How about beginning married life with a real adventure; imagine the excitement of your setting out on your first game drive to see what magnificent animal you will spot.
A safari can also be romantic with dinners by candlelight, champagne breakfasts and hot air balloon rides. At an extra cost many safaris offer the option of upgrading to a private vehicle with your own personal driver/guide.
Visit our safari holidays feature for more information.
A city break honeymoon
If you think that endless days lying on the beach or by the pool will leave you feeling bored and fed up then perhaps a city break honeymoon is the perfect option for you.
Visit world famous destinations to spend your days exploring the sights, restaurants, architecture and nightlife.
Opting to stay in a stylish boutique hotel will mean that you can return to the hotel after a day’s sightseeing for an evening of relaxation, delicious food and cocktails.
Visit our feature on city break holidays for more information.
Are you planning a honeymoon? Where will you be going? For more information and honeymoon ideas see the Travellers Club article on Honeymoon holidays.